It’s amazing what a simple twist can do when it comes to party planning. The right party planning moves can turn a regular event into the talk of the town for months. Here are some of our favorite tips for converting a drab party into a fab party.
- Use Unique Entertainment – Unusual entertainment options will wow people regardless of their age or demographic. Instead of just opting for the standard event DJ, you may want to consider hiring a dance troupe, a magician or even a makeup artist crew depending on what kind of event you are throwing.
- Opt for a Focal Point to the Party – If you want your party to be very memorable, the easiest way to do it is to have a conversation piece that will make people talk. Good focal points and conversation pieces include entertainment, a one-of-a-kind cake or even a venue that stands out from normal choices in your circle of friends.
- Come Up with a Cool Concept – Events that have interesting concepts and themes tend to fare better than events that don’t. Some of the more easy-to-work themes we’ve seen include fashion themes, hip hop themes, 1920s jazz era themes, and even futurist themes.
- Incentivize Guests to Attend – Corporate events often need to have an extra reason or two for attendees to want to go. Anything from a contest that gives away a flat-screen TV to a specialized networking event featuring an industry celebrity can be a good incentive for most people. For non-profit events, having a portion of event proceeds donated to a cause can be a great way to get people interested in arriving and helping those in need.
- Get the Word Out Early – Believe it or not, much of an event’s success lies in the hype that is generated about the event before it happens. Getting local bloggers and social media gurus to spread the word about your party can be the push you need in order to get people really amped about attending…and amped while they are attending, too.
Great parties always take a little ingenuity and creativity to put together, so don’t be afraid to take a lot of time to think about what you want to do for your next event. With a little extra thought and a little help from the right event planning company, it’s possible that your next event will be your best event yet.
Contact EMRG Media for experience and creativity for any of your event planning needs. Call us today for a quick consultation.